Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm that girl.

I'm that girl.
The girl that you don't notice at school, yet inside she's dying.
The girl that slinks down in her bus seat, feigning sleep but really listening.
The girl in school that is quiet in the corner, with an actual mind.
The girl with the unthinkable knowledge that is underestimated because of the hate in the world.
The girl that watches from the sidelines, because she is ignored.
The girl that cries in her dreams.
The girl that sees all. All that is hidden.

I have seen betrayals concealed under friendships.
The hatred concealed by love.
The fear concealed by confidence.
The souls concealed by hearts.
The thoughts concealed by words.
The pressure concealed by encouragement.
The need concealed by the want.

To some it will come as a slap in the face.
To some you will nod as you read, believing you are exempt from everything I say.
But everyone is guilty.
Some will not realize their own hypocrisy.
Some will not want to change, hanging on to their stubbornness like a child to his mother's skirt.

I have found my voice, and will finally reveal it all.

With every Character that I write with, with every word that I write.
This is my revenge.
I will reveal what I have seen.
For I have seen...
The Awful Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations. You read what you have been afraid to admit, and now you have finally decided to acknowledge that fact. If you are trying to put me down, I know that you're just afraid. If you are complimenting me, what hinders you from doing this yourself? If you are speaking your mind to add to what I have to say, thank you. If you are, and you are anonymous, afraid to be known, I challenge you to say what you fiercely think without fear, forcing it into the world.